What skincare to avoid during pregnancy
We use many products to keep the skin young and healthy. Do you know that chemicals that enter your skin through products can be harmful during pregnancy?
Many such chemicals are used in these products that can harm an unborn baby, and those products affect the weight of the baby and the nervous system, this can also cause hormone problems, so you should not use this product such as creams, lotions, shampoos, deo, etc. made from harmful chemicals in pregnancy.
1) Vitamin A cream
Although vitamin A is beneficial to your health, you should avoid using skin care products that include, vitamin A derivatives considering Retin A, Retinol, and Retinyl Palmitate if pregnant (Retin-A, retinol. And retinyl palmitate) can have a bad effect on the baby, some creams contain two chemicals called Tazorac and Accutane which are also made from vitamin A. The FDA has named them dangerous chemicals, you should also avoid this during pregnancy.
2) Acne cream
Acne is a very common problem during pregnancy, but the cream used to cure acne should be selected carefully during pregnancy. They are used to cure acne but the doctor believes that you should avoid them.
3) Essential oil
Seed oil has a particular position in beauty goods, but the FDA says it does not meet strict labeling regulations. It can cause serious problems if it is used during pregnancy. You should consult a doctor before using it.
4) Skin Lightner
A chemical called hydroquinone is found in skin lightener creams. This can have a bad effect on your unborn child. FDI has placed this chemical in category C.
Also read- These symptoms are seen in the first week of pregnancy, know how your diet should be during pregnancy
The debate on aluminum chloride has been going on for a long time. This is a controversial chemical. This chemical is mostly found in deodorants. Although its lower concentration is used, if its quantity is high in deo, then you should avoid deodorant during pregnancy.
6) Hair products
A chemical called formaldehyde is found in hair products such as shampoo, conditioner, or nail paint. Avoid any product you see this name in. This can lead to fertility problems or miscarriage.
Sunscreen may prevent you from the sun’s damaging rays, but it can be hazardous to you while you’re pregnant. It contains chemicals called oxybenzone or avobenzone. These can damage the nervous system of the unborn child. If you want protection from the sun, then use natural sunscreen.
8) Antibiotic cream
Tetracycline is found in some antibiotic creams. Pregnant women and children should be kept away from it. Studies have found that its negative effect occurs in pregnancy, if chemicals like doxycycline or minocycline are also written on the cream along with this chemical, then avoid applying them.
Alternative options for skin products during pregnancy
1) Honey should be used instead of lotion if you have acne on your face. It will act as an antiseptic for the skin.
2) If you use anti-aging cream, you can apply curd instead. Yogurt detoxifies the skin. It also removes the dead skin of the face.
3) If you have a dock circle, you should use homemade butter instead of eye cream. Mix turmeric in the butter and apply that paste to the area around the eyes.
4) Freckles often occur during pregnancy
To avoid this, cut raw potato on the face and apply it on the face. If you want, you can make a face pack by adding grated raw potato and adding cucumber juice or lemon juice to it.
5) If there is irritation in the face, underarms, and private parts during pregnancy, then apply aloe vera gel.
6) Instead of using crack cream in case of cracked heels, putting milk cream or oil in rose powder and applying it on the heels will give relief.
Keep these things in mind during pregnancy (Tips for skin during pregnancy)
- You should avoid any beauty or chemical treatments during pregnancy. Do not buy products that have fragrances. These can be harmful to the child.
- Take off makeup before sleeping at night. Try not to use cosmetic products like nail polish, lipstick during pregnancy.
- Pay close attention to your eating habits. Green vegetables, fruits, nuts, and grains should all be part of your daily diet. Foods like junk food and alcohol can harm your skin and health while you’re pregnant.
- To avoid stretch marks, keep moisturizing the skin around the abdomen, thighs, hips. Use aloe vera gel or coconut oil for this. Sandalwood oil can also be applied to avoid stretch marks.
- Cleanse the face 2 to 3 times a day. Many types of infections can also be caused by the dirt on the face, and avoid scratching or touching the face frequently.
- You should never scrub during pregnancy, the skin can be exfoliated with a soft cloth.
- You have to keep your surroundings clean. Change pillow covers and towels from time to time.
- The correct information is very important for the good health of mother and baby during pregnancy, do consult a doctor before trying anything new.